Followers

Sunday 14 February 2010

A Meal Out

Okay, so it's almost Valentines Day and I've been away all week. Time for some major sucking up. So, I plump for Martin Wishart's restaurant at the Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond. £25 each for lunch. The menu looks good and we settle down in our predesignated seat, well away from the reserved, but very empty seats beside the windows that look over the loch. A slight niggle forms in my belly. We then pick from the menu and are given the bread rolls, but without any explanation as to what they might be. Okay, it's nice to play a bit of a guessing game sometimes so that's not the end of the world. I pick the langoustine risotto and the cod in Pu lentil. The current Mrs. Wilding went for the comfit of duck. The meal is pretty nice, though my cod was a bit cool. We get served someone else's Sancerre and confess. The restaurant is well decorated but I feel I should be talking about the food not the wallpaper. I reckon Michael Caine's in Bath Street is still tops and that the real Martin Wisharts in Leith is still well ahead of this experience. It was all topped off at the end by a stand-up telling off by a customer, who complained about the discretionary service charge being described as compulsory. Quite right too. I have to say the the Matradee was pretty good all in all.

Just in case you are a bit hungry - here's a wee recipe for - Cholesterol Lowering Garlic and Spinach Soup



1. Peel 6 cloves of garlic - place them in some melted Benecol.

2. Add salt and the bunch of spinach

3. Simmer until wilted

4. Sprinkle a chicken stock cube over the top

5. Add water and milk, a cup each



Simmer



Blend


Reheat and serve with crusty bread.

No comments: